Wednesday, March 24, 2010

It's ARRIVED!!!!! lmbo Oh && A Curls Review...Woot Woot!!

Ok Ok So First lets hop to it..My Packages came today...I mean like really it only took FOREVER..coming from California smh but hey..what can you do?? Exactly...So I impatiently stalked the Fedex man..
&& all my stalking paid off..I got my packages Yay!!!!

I was so excited I almost BROKE my NECK getting up the stairs to open them :o)
Yes I did LINE them up lol && Photograph them..but I did it for YOU not me..wanna see??

Isn't it BEAUTIFUL?? I know I know it soooooo totally is, I cant wait to add to my collection. Anywho..Lets get to this review..
Brand: Curls
Product:
Curlicious Curls Cleansing Cream
Curls Escstacy Deep Condtioner
Quenched Curls Moisturizing Spray
Goddess Glaze Styling Gel
Also on Kennedy the Curls It's a Curl line
Peek-A-Boo Tearless Shampoo
Patty Cake Conditoner
Ring Around the Curlies Leave In Conditioner (sample size of this)

I think All in all it worked pretty well in Kennedy's hair..I'm anticipating similar if not better results when the full size of the Ring Around the Curlies arrives along with the It's Bitsy Spiral Baby Curl Moisturizer.

The shampoo lathered well for it to be all natural, I then conditoned her hair as well as combed it through then applied the Ring Around the Curlies Leave in to her wet hair & that's it.  I think for the most part it helped to define her curls, it definitely added some shine and it's smelled pretty cool.

It's kind of hard to to photograph a toddler lol but I tried..


So all in all given her age and inability to stay still && refrain from putting her head onn the floor..I believe the product worked well for her. I am pleased... Now...on to ME!!
Was I pleased NO!! I washed my hair with the Curlicious Curl Creme && I must say it smelled Divine!!! Like Cake Frosting...Yummers..then I proceded to deep condition my hair w/Curls Esctacy I combed it through and placed a cap over my head and used my Hair Therapy Wrap to complete the process. After rising out the deep conditioner I used the Quenched Curls Moisturizing Spray..Ok first issue..the way it sprays..it doesn't distribute evenly instead it kind of squirts I really don't like that.  It also smells not so pleasing but it doesn't linger.  Next I applied the Goddess Glaze as recommended by Manisha the founder of Curls during a consultation I had with her.  Kind of thick, not sticky or was it?? Doesn't matter I washed my hands afterwards, then waited for it to dry.  Results--> Second Day hair :o( Not that I would mind if this was day 2 but being as though it isnt..we have a problem..here are the pictures-->

Texture Shot or LACK there of smh

It's not the worst..I mean it's not Frizzy but it's not all that defined either..

Another texture shot..
Anywho Overall I didnt like my results but it isnt the end of the world because I brought a large amount of her products and I have to experiment to see what works well for me and my hair.  I have a few other stylers to play with so we shall see. Oh Oh && guess what also arrived today via California

By way of the U.K.
So tomorrow I can condition my hair along with using my Denman brush  && see if we get different results. Who knows..
Now stalking the USPS worker-->
My HoneyChild should be on it's way as well as the rest of Kennedy's Curls products.
Next week I think I'll order from Blended Beauty/Cutie or maybe Kinky Curly..

No comments:

Post a Comment