Monday, March 2, 2009

Beneficial Friends*

Hot topic. Eveyone has an opinion. Tania I'd love for you to weigh in...piggybacking off of your 1 night stand jump off....ok here goes..

Ever been friends with benefits?? Do you think it's in poor judgement to participate in such behavior?? Now I'm aware that some people find in extremely beneficial..but do you have to have certain characteristics to successful be a "friend?" Now me..I always draw from personal experience..Imma tell you...I'm too emotional to do that..I believe sex is SACRED...I'm giving that person a piece of me..accepting any consequences that I may incur as a result of such behavior. Now I wont lie..back in the day..I had 1 "friend" but the circumstances were completely different. At the time all I wanted was the "benefits" not so much the friend. Anywho that person caught feelings...even though we had mutually agreed it would be just a sexually relationship (for lack of better words). K..here's the question: Do you think you can have a friend with benefits without someone catching feelings?? && What about those who use/think sex could possibly lead you to the next level?? I honestly believed my friend thought that a committment would result after engaging in our sexual escapades.

Now for those who have set their minds && feel like it is what it is..they can have friends with benefits and dont need anymore from the other party...what happens when that person finds someone?? Do you continue your sexual adventures.. Are you responsible for making your significant other aware of the what went down between the two of you?? && How would you react if that signifcant other asked that you no longer remain friends with that particular person because it would make them uncomfortable?? && If you should choose NOT to say anything..would you still say that you two have open communication?? Friends with Benefits sounds very easy but ..when you look at the bigger picture..Is it really WORTH it??

&& In what way is it any different from a one night stand?? Do you think a friend with benefit is better if its a person you once tried to talk to && it didnt work..but the sexual attraction is too strong to resist?? Orrr...Could it be with a friend you cherish and hold near && dear to your heart?? I know it isnt right for everyone ...but for the very few that it appears to be the PERFECT solution would you consider them COMMITTMENT PHOBES?? People who are scared of committment, dont believe in monogamy, who feel as though they will never settle down? Idk..Think about it though...To BE or NOT to BE BENEFICIAL FRIENDS?? Now that's a REAL QUESTION

1 comment:

  1. Well...I've been in this situation, and it was a mutual agreement, and from jump I had the mind set, "It is what it is"... but it worked out because we filled one another void. So i do think it depends on the people, but I also knew this friend for a while. Now, if it was someone I was interested in then it may not have worked out too good, but, i think at the end it just depends on the person or people. I always think of a one night stand has someone you have no knowledge of, but friends with benefits just is a mutual agreement. I also think it has something to do with your views of sex... In society nowadays you pretty much have to make your own judgment because point blank sex is not sacred, not when you can see sex on reality shows, not when sex is exploited, not when we are quick to download the latest celeb caught on tape... LOVEMAKING is sacred....sex... is just sex.

    ReplyDelete