Monday, March 9, 2009

Life is too SHORT.

How many times have we heard those words coming from someones mouth in regards to our attitudes?? In reply to the issues that have us so down and out, got us feeling like their is no tomorrow. && Even though we know those words are very true, people are dying left and right, yet we'd rather spend our little bit of time worrying about how unimportant we may be to some people, broke up about how situations dont go down in our favor, stressed about school, working, bills. I just dont get it, how do they expect us to fully enjoy life when their is so much going on around us??
I think that when my time comes I really will have alot of regret. Last night I spent about an hour familiarizing myself with the Jade Goody story and it saddened me. She's so young, a mother to two young boys and she is dying of cervical cancer, only given a few weeks left to live. It could be you, it could be happen tomorrow, life as we know it could be stripped from us without regards to how much we promise ourselves things will get better, that we are fighters. It takes something like that to happen in order for us to have a very brief appreciation for life and once that period has passed, we are back to our ungrateful lives. There are terminally ill people, young children who will never see the inside of a school building, who will never get to eat anything other than hospital food, who never had a chance. There is soooo much really IMPORTANT shit going on but we are only consumed with ourselves, why is that?? THis isnt a real blog...just something I wanted to mention, something I feel strongly about. Tomorrow is NOT promised.

No comments:

Post a Comment