Saturday, March 7, 2009

Trust

Trust- A belief and assurance, reliance on a person or a thing, to be certain or bound by a undying faith. -yours truly

I believe I'm a trust worthy person, and because I am, I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt as I mention in several of my blogs, but do they deserve it?? Most of the time NO. Now this is how I do it, I usually give it off the back, I'm a poor judge of character, so I end up revoking my trust and the person never gains it back and if they are one of the very few who manages to, my trust with them is very limited. I forgive but I never FORGET. I have been wronged by people I've trusted, more often than not, so I honestly dont trust anyone, I dont put anything past anybody. I TRUST people to disappoint, to do what makes them happy without regards for the next man, I trust people to do what they want. Wondering if I were approaching the whole trust thing wrong, like maybe it would be better if I made someone earn my trust?? I think I sorta kinda do make them do that though, like I give it to them but they only get one chance, like they are earning it until they fuck up and then I dont want to trust them any further than I can throw them.

Do you believe it is possible for someone to earn back trust?? Do you think there are such things as honest mistakes?? && If so, do you feel like mistakes can be repeated?? I heard that you continue to make mistakes until your lesson is learned...do you agree or disagree?? What deems a person untrustworthy?? && Do you think it is possible to continue a relationship or friendship with this person??

As for friends, I have a hard time just letting them go, it takes alot to make me no longer wish to continue our friendship, but I do tend to keep a deceitful friend at a distance, I look at liars like sociopaths. As far as relationships, I dont honestly think a relationship can survive when there is no trust present or if the trust is only one sided. && Once the trust is broken you may as well say goodbye because no matter how much you want to try, to work on it, you will NEVER look at that person the same. Betrayal is a motherfucker and I think Beyonce put it best in her song RESENTMENT. Is there a grace period that should be present regarding trust when first finding yourselves in a new relationship?? If so why?? I honestly dont think there should be, but what the hell, who am I to talk when my shit is a damn mess itself. Lls.

&& When your putting your trust in someone, how do you determine if they even deserve it, who gets it?? Is there specific criteria that has to be met?? Like a series of tests?? && furthermore, do you believe it is possible to trust someone in general, but not trust them with your heart?? Why or why not?? To me I feel like the only person you should trust, can trust without a doubt and has your best interest at heart is YOURSELF. You know what YOU are capable of, and trust requires a degree of integrity that you hopefully possess.

No comments:

Post a Comment